Thought it might be fun to look back at some of the highlights of the past year... the most important being that we moved into our new house! And we also adopted 2 kittens!
|We lived with that dumpster in the yard for a couple of months...|
|The day we brought them home...|
- finished the shed - included re-siding, painting, moving front wall back, new roof
- house renovation - included installing cabinetry & countertops, refinishing hardwoods
- house renovation - included slate floor in kitchen, carpet in bedroom, new windows in bedroom, painting all the rooms, tub refinished
- MOVED out of Enston Homes & into our new home!
- Brian turned 36
- window treatments and art on the walls
- new television!
- Allison & Brad and Charles & Veronica came to town for the Cooper River Bridge Run!
- new bedroom furniture!
- Jennifer turned 36
- the dumpster is gone
- hosted first party at the new house... a baby shower for Jennifer C.
- Easter in Monroe
- painted porch ceilings
- Mom's 60th birthday celebration in Spartanburg
- blogged Before & After photos
- Charles & Veronica came to visit and go sailing
- Jack C. was born
- continued the Before & After photos
- farewell to our friend Nick who moved to China
- visited Penfield with the family in Georgia
- discovered Pinterest!
- Mom, Carol, & Julie came to visit
- front porch make-over
- Brian built & installed the built-in wine rack in the kitchen
- started my "Charleston adora[tion]" series on Friday's for the blog
- organized desk space in kitchen
- installed vanity in Master Suite
- family beach trip with the Wetmores, Sumerels, and Sharpes
- Porsche convention in Savannah
- Dad went to Peru
- celebrated our 1 year anniversary of purchasing the house
- adopted kittens
- baseball games & hurricanes
- William & Kathryn came to visit
- Clemson/Auburn game
- Labor Day at Lake Murray & zoo
- Jen & Mansel got married
- trip to Monroe - first car trip for the cats
- Beaux Arts Ball
- first oyster roast of the season
- Halloween decor & pumpkin carving
- Clemson/UNC game
- Master Bedroom make-over with stenciling project
- Thanksgiving in Penfield
- Christmas decor
- 2nd wedding anniversary
- holiday cards
- trip to Monroe pre-Christmas
- Christmas in Spartanburg/Santee/Boone
And since you know our love of music, just thought I'd recap the concerts we saw this year...
Jason Isbell (twice)
JJ Grey & Mofro
Gillian Welch & Dave Rawlings
The Felice Brothers
The Flaming Lips
Chris Robinson & his Brotherhood
By far my favorite was the Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings show at the Music Hall...
Although tied for a close 2nd is Lucinda Williams or The Flaming Lips...
Last New Year's Eve, we had a low-key night that started at Bowen's Island with all-you-can-eat oysters, and ended at Jeff & Katie's house. Here's our first photo of 2011...
We'll be bringing in the New Year in a different location for 2012! Stay tuned...